In my opinion I think the value of education in America can be infinite, but to a certain extent. For example, many can achieve a Bachelor's degree, but it's what they do with that certain degree that matters. Anyone can learn a ton of information, but if they don't appreciate and grow from the experience they get out of it, then there's no point in getting that degree. The one thing that matters people must use their book smarts as well as their street smarts to achieve a valuabe experience.
This brings me to my next point, because I personally value education on those two levels which are by the books and by the streets. What I mean by that is I value being academically educated in school, but i also value being educated about the things I need to survive in life rather than just a high school diploma or college degree. These things can only bring me so far, because I have to take those skills I learned in school and apply them to all aspects of life, and find ways to further my education. Otherwise, it would all be a waste.
No comments:
Post a Comment