On Tuesday, me and another youth ambassador Maddie started and finished the project Iris had us do! Thank god Maddie came in on this day (she doesn't usually come at the same times I do), because I wouldn't have gotten it done without her. Since this poster was for an appreciation event for the RTS volunteers on Wednesday, we had to work about 30 minutes extra. I couldn't attend the appreciation event because I had dance class on Wednesday, but Iris and Jessica both said the poster was a big hit with everyone else! Here is a picture:
I'm very proud to say that this poster was my idea! The reason I chose an umbrella is because when we first met with Jessica and Iris, Jessica drew out this sexual assault umbrella in which different categories of sexual assault fell under it. I thought this would be a good representation of all the things volunteers do, because everyone at RTS does so many things, and they cover such a wide array of tasks. The raindrops represent some important facts of the things RTS staff accomplished in 2012. It's actually very interesting to know how many people RTS helps just in San Mateo County.
HOURS LOGGED: 2.5 hrs.
TOTAL: 15 hrs.
Thursday, March 28th
Yesterday was a pretty easy day. Iris had me sort through these charts that had SAC training hours on it. I had to make sure the hours they should've had matched up with the hours they did have. This took me the whole time because there were a lot of sections to look through, and since everything had to match up it was little tedious. Since this was the last day of school for spring break, I stayed a little longer today because there was no rush to go home. Also, RTS had some leftover carrot and chocolate cake from the appreciation event, so I was able to have a slice of carrot cake while I worked.
HOURS LOGGED: 2.5 hrs.
TOTAL: 17.5 hrs.
Next week, I hope I can finish the charts on Tuesday, but if not it'll just carry into Thursday. After that, I'm not sure what Iris has planned for me, because there's always something new to do! Also, just regarding the SAAM Walk, I really need to start planning how I'm going to ask for donations to raise money for the walk! It's all coming so fast.

No comments:
Post a Comment