Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hours

I admit I have been lagging on my hours posts for the last couple weeks. May has just been crazy, and I even missed out on a couple days volunteering at RTS.

Tuesday, May 1st
On Tuesday,  Iris told me that RTS was running low on Brochure covers so my task was to make more. Within the brochure cover is 5 tabs with services and programs at RTS for people to read. All the covers and tabs were in boxes that were pretty heavy, so I was already almost sweating by the time I got out all the materials! Who knew you could get a workout in while at an office! Anyway, getting the materials took about 10 minutes, and I spent the rest of the time just cranking out brochure covers. I had to restock tabs about once to continue making more, but that was about it. Along with brochure covers, Iris also told me that they were running really low on information packets, so she told me if I had time to make enough brochure covers (which go inside the packets) to start on packets. I didn't end up making any packets on this day, but I knew that was going to be my task the next time I volunteered.

HOURS LOGGED: 1.5 hrs.
TOTAL: 31.5 hrs.

Tuesday, May 7th
Since I already knew my goal for this day, it was fairly easy to get started on my tasks. First, I wanted to make a bunch more brochure covers to make sure I didn't run out and we had some extra on hand. Then, I had to make more packets. I'm not sure if I ever said how packets were made, but I will now. Within the packet is three papers, titled "The Value of Crying", "Friends and Family- How You Can Help", and "RTS: Our Philosophy". I had to make copies of each one first so I could have it all set up in an assembly line along with the brochure covers. Making copies took a while, but I was still able to have time to make a lot of packets to restock the drawer. That was basically all I did on this day, so I'm really not sure if I will have to do the same next week.


HOURS LOGGED: 2 hrs.
TOTAL: 33.5 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment